Copyright 2017 Nevada Volunteers
CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Important: Please read these rules before entering this contest. By participating in this contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
THE “WHERE ARE NEVADA’S VOLUNTEERS?” DIGITAL PHOTO CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST AGE 18 – ENTRIES FEATURING INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY A PERSON AGE 18 OR OLDER. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN. NEVADA VOLUNTEERS RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES. To be eligible to win, entries must be completed and received in the manner and format designated below. Staff and/or volunteers of Nevada Volunteers and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
Nevada Volunteers, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Instagram, or any participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Nevada Volunteers or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the contest.
- Contest Period
The contest submission period starts on April 1, 2017 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on April 22, 2017, at 11:59 AM PT. The contest voting period starts on April 23, 2017 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on April 27, 2017, at 11:59 AM PT. All entries must be received during the contest submission period to be eligible to win. Nevada Volunteers computer will serve as the official time-keeping device for the contest.
- How to Enter
During the contest submission period (1) visit the “Where are Nevada’s Volunteers” website at https://nevadavolunteers.shortstack.com/c0d90P and (2) follow the instructions on how to submit your entry. Nevada Volunteers may display all submissions on the Nevada Volunteer’s social media channels, mass media or its website (http://www.nevadavolunteers.org). By uploading your submission, you agree that your submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions listed below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Nevada Volunteers, in its sole discretion, may remove your submission and disqualify you from the contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions. By uploading your submission, in addition to rights granted below, you: (a) grant to Nevada Volunteers all rights necessary to display your submission on mass media, the Nevada Volunteers website and Nevada Volunteers social media channels, as well as the right to reproduce your digital photo submission for Nevada Volunteers’ use; (b) hereby waive any so-called moral (e.g., creative rights) in your submission; (c) represent and warrant that you have the right to grant the rights granted in these Official Rules; and (d) represent and warrant that your Submission and its use as contemplated in these Official Rules does not and will not violate, misappropriate, or infringe upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- The Submission must be a digital photo
- The Submission must be entrant's original creation and owned one hundred percent (100%) by the entrant
- The Submission must demonstrate the theme of the Contest and must depict volunteer(s).
- The Submitter must provide contact information as requested in the digital photo submission
- The Submission may not depict volunteers who receive pay or a stipend, including but not limited to, National Service members, AmeriCorps members, SeniorCorps members, Peace Corps members.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates, misappropriates, or infringes upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights
- The Submission must not disparage any person or entity
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, and/or defamatory
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created
For All Submissions
- You may submit more than one Submission during the Contest Period, but not more than one Submission per day.
- Each submission by an individual or organization must be of a different volunteer, you cannot use the same volunteer as the subject of the photo for multiple Submissions.
- By uploading a Submission, entrant grants Nevada Volunteers (and Nevada Volunteers licensees and assigns) a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, and otherwise exploit the Submission in all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the known universe, in any way Nevada Volunteers sees fit including, but not limited to, entertainment, instruction/education, promotional, advertising and/or marketing purposes.
- In connection with all rights granted herein, Nevada Volunteers (and Nevada Volunteers licensees and assigns) shall also have the irrevocable right to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed. If necessary, entrant will sign any necessary documentation that may be required for Nevada Volunteers or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
- Proof of Submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by Nevada Volunteers.
WINNERS AND PRIZES
- Selection of Winners
During the Contest Voting Period, the public will be allowed access to vote for their favorite Submission. The Submission with the highest number of votes at the end of the Contest Voting Period will be selected as the winner. Nevada Volunteers, at its sole discretion, may choose to select additional winners.
- Identity of Entrant
If a dispute arises about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The potential winner may be required to provide Nevada Volunteers with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
The winner will receive promotion of their Submission on the Nevada Volunteers website and social media channels as well as a Tweet by Governor Sandoval. Nevada Volunteers, at its sole discretion, may choose not to award a prize if there are insufficient eligible Submissions. No substitutions of the Prize will be permitted. The Prize will be fulfilled approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks after notification of the Prize winner(s).
- General Release
By entering the Contest, you release Nevada Volunteers and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, or use of or inability to use any Prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Use of Winner’s Name, Likeness, etc.
Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use winner's name, likeness, persona, hometown, and/or Prize information in all media now known or later devised throughout the universe in perpetuity for all purposes Nevada Volunteers deems appropriate - including, without limitation, for promotional and publicity purposes - without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any Prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may (in Nevada Volunteers’ sole discretion) be required to execute a written consent, confirming Nevada Volunteers’ right to use such winner’s name, likeness, persona, hometown, and/or Prize information without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit and Release
As a condition of being awarded any Prize, winner may (in Nevada Volunteers’ sole discretion) be required to execute and deliver to Nevada Volunteers a signed affidavit of eligibility, acceptance of these Official Rules, release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Nevada Volunteers in its sole discretion.
- 7. Entrant's Personal Information
The information provided by the person submitting the photo to the “Where are Nevada’s Volunteers?” photo contest will be used by Nevada Volunteers, on the photo contest platform, on Nevada Volunteers’ social media sites and website, and the winning post will be announced on Twitter by Governor Sandoval, as well as Nevada Volunteers’ social media platforms. By submitting information for the contest, you give us permission to edit it, post it on the site, and use it in appropriate settings designed to promote and encourage volunteerism in Nevada. Information provided by entrants including the photo, caption, location, name, and organization will not be given or sold online or to any party not previously stated in the Terms and Conditions.
The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the state of Nevada, U.S.A. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Nevada Volunteers, which are final and binding in all respects. Nevada Volunteers, reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond Nevada Volunteers’ control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or Nevada Volunteers otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned, in which event all Prizes will be awarded via the judging process outlined in these Official Rules, from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Nevada Volunteers reserves the right to amend, modify, or cancel the Contest at any time without notice. Entrants who violate these Official Rules; violate any law, rule, or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest; tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Nevada Volunteers, the Contest, or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Nevada Volunteers sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Nevada Volunteers reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please email them to email@example.com or send written questions (submissions will not be accepted) to:
639 Isbell Rd, Ste 220
Reno, NV 89509
Contest Sponsor: Nevada Volunteers